LYON, France, and MIDDLETON, Wisconsin – (COMMERCIAL THREAD) –Esker, a world cloud platform and leader in AI-driven process automation solutions for finance and customer service functions, today announced that its head office in Lyon, France has received ISO 14001: 2015 (ISO 14001) certification for its effective environmental management system by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA ), a leading provider of independent valuation services. Esker also received a EcoVadis Gold medal for its performance in terms of corporate social responsibility (CSR), placing the company in the top 4% of companies evaluated by EcoVadis. This recognition is part of Esker’s continuous process of environmental and CSR improvement.
Committed to environmental sustainability
The international ISO 14001 standard demonstrates Esker’s long-term commitment to environmental protection by establishing the principles of an effective management system that follows best environmental practices. The principle of continuous improvement is inherent in this framework and echoes the Agile methodology adopted by Esker in 2011.
Esker’s environmental approach, initiated by the management of the company and actively supported by the employees, is above all the opportunity to offer a more ethical mode of operation, increasingly requested by customers, employees, partners and investors.
Reduce the environmental footprint
By automating business and documentary processes, Esker helps companies significantly reduce their consumption of paper, water and energy. Esker has also implemented a number of actions within the company to limit its own environmental impact, including:
- Selection of data center suppliers committed to sustainable development (for example, SynAAps, Microsoft Azure)
- Reduce energy consumption including the use of more energy-efficient IT equipment, widespread LED lighting and occupancy sensors, and data migration from multiple servers to a shared SaaS platform
- Extend the life of IT equipment with the possibility for employees to buy back the company’s IT equipment in exchange for a charitable donation
- Favor environmentally friendly modes of transport, with the train preferred to the plane for business trips; additional measures put in place include: secure bicycle parking suitable for e-bikes, a car park including hybrid and electric cars, office scooter room, showers and changing rooms for those who cycle to work, etc.
- Educate employees about recycling and implement measures to facilitate recycling, in particular selective sorting bins, workshops on good recycling practices, the zero waste concept; software eco-design conferences, regular purges of email inboxes, software development with a strong focus on solution efficiency and low power consumption
“ISO 14001 certification validates Esker’s active commitment to the environmental cause. The audit revealed many strengths within his organization, including the ability to mobilize its employees, as well as its long-term commitment to the environment. Extract from the closing meeting moderated by Catherine Farcot, Audit Manager, LRQA France.
“We are very proud and encouraged that our efforts have been rewarded with ISO 14001 certification and the EcoVadis Gold Medal,” said Jean-Michel Bérard, CEO of Esker. “We firmly believe in positive-sum economic growth, which is part of a long-term ethical perspective and integrates ecological and social constraints.
Esker will be subject to an annual control audit to validate its long-term compliance with ISO 14001 and plans to certify other subsidiaries. The company is also evaluated each year by EcoVadis for its CSR performance and aims for the platinum medal in 2021.
For more information, visit Esker CSR web page.
Esker is a global cloud platform designed to unleash strategic value for finance and customer service professionals, and strengthen collaboration between businesses by automating the cash conversion cycle. Esker solutions integrate technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) to increase productivity, improve visibility, reduce the risk of fraud and improve collaboration with customers, suppliers and internally. Esker operates in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia-Pacific with a global headquarters in Lyon, France, and a US headquarters in Madison, Wisconsin. For more information on Esker and its solutions, visit www.esker.com. Follow Esker on Twitter @EskerInc and join the conversation on the Esker Blog at blog.esker.com.