The School of Biological Sciences, in conjunction with the Institute for Global Food Security (IGFS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate for the post of Full-Time Term Lecturer in Biology , environmental management or sustainable development. This is a three-year term position.
The School of Biological Sciences, in collaboration with IGFS, provides and facilitates a dynamic and integrated research environment, conducting globally competitive and sustainable research that addresses major challenges and develops solutions to many of the global challenges we face today.
In the most recent research exercise (REF2021), we are ranked No. 1 in the UK for Agriculture, Food and Veterinary Science with 94% of research in these “first class” areas. plan” or “international excellence”.
The school holds Athena SWAN Gold status, which recognizes significant and sustained achievement in gender equality in higher education and research and its continued dedication to representation, progress, and success for all.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach at postgraduate level and help the school and institute provide high quality support to students in line with our teaching and learning strategy, making full use of innovative digital platforms.
We welcome applications from individuals with a diverse academic background who can demonstrate high-quality results, enthusiasm, and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
The successful candidate must have and your CV/cover letter (or application form) must clearly demonstrate that you have:
- Specialized degree in biological sciences, environmental management, sustainable development or a related field.
- PhD or equivalent in biological sciences, environmental management, sustainable development or related field.
- Recent and relevant teaching/teaching experience relevant to the career stage and/or assessment at the university level in biological sciences, environmental management or sustainable development or in a closely related field.
- Experience in designing course materials and planning and organizing the delivery and evaluation of teaching.
- Experience in developing and delivering innovative teaching and assessment methods.
- Evidence of use of innovative teaching methods and digital platforms.
- Evidence of providing pastoral care to students.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. For more information on the role, including essential and desirable criteria, click on the “Candidate Information” link below.
This is a fixed term position, available for 3 years. Fixed-term contract positions are available for the period indicated initially, but in special circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to the availability of funds.
At Queen’s, our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a member of staff, you will be part of a dynamic organizational culture, which will give you the opportunity to reach your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package which includes:
- Excellent terms and conditions
- Pension plans
- Flexible working by allowing you to design your work week together with your manager through a mix of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for mental health and well-being
- Right to generous leave of 8 weeks per year (composed of 23 days of annual leave, 10 days of closure and 9 public holidays).
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equal opportunity for all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) that help us advance equality.
We also endorse Equality Charter marks such as the NI Diversity Charter mark in addition to Athena Swan. For more information on our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal inquiries can be directed to: Dr Jude Stephens [email protected]
Attractive reward package
About the school
About the Institute
Additional information for international applicants