India has a comprehensive system of regulations to protect its natural environment and the health of its people. Since the promulgation of the Water Law in 1974, a number of laws and regulations have been put into effect in this regard. However, the objectives of these laws are far from being achieved for various reasons. One of the issues that emerges is a holistic understanding of the different laws and how they need to be considered together for better environmental management.
Considering the need to fill the gaps, the Center for Science and the Environment is organizing a ten-day online training course on “Understanding Environmental Law to Improve Environmental Management”.
Objective of the program
This ten-day online course has been designed to enable people working in the environmental field and the future environmentalist to develop a better understanding and knowledge of laws and their interrelationships. This course will also be of benefit to students who aspire to develop their careers in the environmental field.
The course will be delivered through technological learning tools such as presentations, videos, discussions with experts and reading material.
Learn from the program
- Better understanding of the country’s environmental governance structure, main institution and their implementation statistics.
- Increased understanding of industry and individual obligations under various environmental laws and regulations and how to meet those obligations.
- Understand the impacts of violations and non-compliance.
- Role of the National Green Tribunal (NGT), environmental courts and public interest litigation (PIL).
- Understanding of International Treaties and Agreements The Government of India agrees with the impact of non-compliance with these agreements on business.
- Understand that environmental compliance is not a financial burden but a clear business opportunity
The online course will be mainly based on a self-learning basis in which expert-recorded sessions, presentations and reading material will be uploaded to the training platform for participants to study. The training portal has a dedicated discussion forum where all questions can be posted and answered by the experts. Additionally, live online sessions will be held with experts for Q&A and further discussion. The course is designed in such a way as to help participants take this course alongside their regular work and study the course material at their convenience.
Who can apply?
- Industry professionals; Environmental consultants; Environmental engineers
- Researchers and academics
- Students wishing to work in the environmental field
For any request, please contact:
Industrial air pollution team
Email: [email protected]